AFRICAN AIRLINES ASSOCIATION
Took office: 01.01.2018
Career information prior to current role:
Mr Berthe was the CEO of Air Burkina. He is a native citizen of Mali and has 28 years’ experience in airline industry.
Prior to joining Air Burkina in 2013, Mr BERTHE built his career in various Airlines and multicultural environment both in Europe and Africa at positions such as aircraft performance and dispatch engineering, maintenance and operations quality, ground operations and Chief Executive Officer.
He has a total of16 years’ experience as an airline CEO since his first CEO appointment in 1993.
During that various experience he had been active in many associations:
– European Regional Airlines Association (ERA) operations committee
– AFRAA Executive Committee
– ECOWAS airlines’ steering committee
Abdérahmane has the following educational qualifications:
– Air Transport Aeronautical Technics from French Civil Aviation school in Toulouse (1987 Master Of Science degree).
– Advanced Automation and Systems from French Aeronautical and Space school in Toulouse (1988 Master Of Science degree)
– Business Administration from Business Institute in Toulouse (1989 Master degree)
He also obtained a Private Pilot License in 1985 for Single Engine Aircrafts.